Blogger : MSDN Blogs
All posts : All posts by MSDN Blogs
Category : WSCF/WCF
Blogged date : 2009 Feb 18
Composite Application Guidance for WPF and Silverlight v2.0 (PRISM) is now available.
What is PRISM
The Composite Client Application Guidance is designed to help you more easily build modular Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) and Silverlight client line of business applications.
Goals of the Release
Providing guidance on building modular and composite Silverlight applications.
Simplifying the composition of the user interface.
Providing guidance and light tooling on reusing code between Silverlight and WPF.
- You're building a application that presents information from multiple sources through an integrated user interface.
- You're developing, testing, and deploying modules independently of the other modules.
- Your application will add more views and more functionality over the coming years.
- You must be able to change the application quickly and safely to meet emergent business requirements.
- Your application is being developed by multiple collaborating teams.
- Your application targets both WPF and Silverlight, and you want to share as much code as possible between the two platforms.
What's in This Release
- Composite Application Library
- Reference Implementation (Stock Traders application in WPF and Silverlight)
- Quick starts (9)
- How-Tos (26) and
- Documentation of UI patterns and client architectures.
My Related Posts